Source Separation of Commercial and Industrial Waste
The Programme on Source Separation of Commercial and Industrial Waste aims to encourage the property management sector to set up arrangement in commercial and industrial (C&I) premises to facilitate their tenants/occupants to practice clean recycling.
You might be interested
Raising Image of Building Management
- Participating C&I buildings set up waste separation bins for major types of recyclables (e.g. Waste Paper, Metals, Plastics, Glass bottles, Rechargeable batteries, Fluorescent Lamps and Tubes) at designated recycling points within their premises that best suits its tenants or occupants to use.
- Tenants or occupants separate recyclables from their waste by category.
- Participating C&I buildings feel free to choose their recycler for collection, and arrange recycling of items specified to its industry, such as food waste, wood cart board and toners.
- Brand of the building and image of the Property Management Company can be enhanced.
- Membership certificate for each participating C&I buildings as recognition of supporting environmental protection, waste reduction and recycling.
- Commendation Certificate for each participating C&I buildings with full submission of recyclable figures within assessment period and different levels of awards for the C&I buildings with good performance.
- Name of C&I buildings and the Property Management Company are shown in EPD website.
- Meeting the expectation of tenants/ occupants.
All round support
- Free waste separation bins distribute to participating C&I buildings.
- Technical, Education and Promotion Support by Green Outreaching Team.
Who Can Join?
The Programme on Source Separation of Commercial and Industrial Waste covers general Commercial & Industrial buildings, including Industrial/ Godown, Industrial/ Office, Mixed Office, Pure Office, as well as non-residential buildings used for educational, medical, recreational, social welfare, religious and other purposes, such as shopping arcades, universities, hospitals etc.
How to join?
Free 3-Colour Recycling Bins
C&I buildings can apply for free waste separation bins for placement on the ground floor of each building block or commonly accessible areas via the Environmental Campaign Committee (ECC)’s Promotion Programme on Source Separation of Waste.
Replacement of bins
Apply to ECC for bin replacement if the existing bins have been damaged or deteriorated, and has been used for:
- 3 years for Plastic bins
- 5 years for Metal bins
For other replacement reasons, ECC Secretariat will consider the application on a case-by-case basis
Application of Glass Bottles, Rechargeable Batteries, Fluorescent Lamps and Tubes Recycling Bins:
Glass Management Contractors
Fluorescent Lamp Recycling Programme
Rechargeable Battery Recycling Programmehttps://www.wastereduction.gov.hk/en-hk/waste-reduction-programme/rechargeable-battery-recycling-programme
Technical, Education and Promotion Support
Visit individual C&I buildings and help the building management company
- Advice appropriate locations for setting up waste separation bins
- Procurement or application of free waste separation bins
- Outlets for recovered recyclables
Education and promotional support
- Bin stickers
- Publicity materials on Clean Recycling
- Green talks
List of Awardees
|Certificate of Merit||2021-2022||2020-2021||2019-2020|
Award for Enhancement
Award for Promotion
As at September 2023, over 1200 commercial and industrial buildings have joined the ”Program on Source Separation of Commercial and Industrial Waste.
2021/22 Commendation Scheme Results List
|Award||No. of Awardees|
|Certificate of Merit||415|
2020/21 Commendation Scheme Results List
|Award||No. of Awardees|
|Certificate of Merit||413|
2019/20 Commendation Scheme Results List
|Award*||No. of Awardees|