The Environmental Protection Department (EPD) will collect peach blossom trees (PBTs) at designated locations after Lunar New Year holiday this year and recycle suitable PBTs collected into various useful materials via a contractor in order to promote recycling of yard waste in the community and reduce yard waste disposal at landfills. Members of the public can also join “GREEN$ Electronic Participation Incentive Scheme” at the same time. The programme arrangements are as follows:
Collection Period: 20 to 27 February 2021 (total 8 days)
Collection Points: A central collection point (CCP) in the EcoPark, Tuen Mun and 52 district collection points (DCPs) distributed over the territory (including 37 Refuse Collection Points, 6 Outlying Islands Transfer Facilities and 9 Recycling Stations). Please refer to the Annex and the following location map for details.
Members of the public can deliver their PBTs to CCP or DCPs within the opening hours, while the commercial and industrial (C&I) organisations can only deliver their PBTs direct to CCP. If members of the public and C&I organisations need to recycle PBTs before the collection period or from 28 February to 6 March 2021, they should make appointment with the EPD's contractor (telephone no.: 5743 9221) prior to the delivery of PBTs to CCP. Please note that DCPs will neither receive PBTs heighted above 2 metres nor from C&I organisations.
An e-certificate will be issued to the participants who deliver PBTs to CCP or Recycling Stations for recycling. They will also receive a gift for delivering PBTs to Recycling Stations while stock lasts.
Besides, there is a co-operation between PBTs Recycling Programme and “GREEN$ Electronic Participation Incentive Scheme” this year. Participants who recycle PBTs at Recycling Stations within the collection period can register to get a GREEN$ Card to earn GREEN$ for redemption of gift items upon submission of recyclables. For details of the “GREEN$ Electronic Participation Incentive Scheme”, please visit Hong Kong Waste Reduction Website at www.wastereduction.gov.hk/tc/community/crn_intro.htm.
Steps on Enrolment of E-certificate
- Deliver PBTs to CCP or Recycling Stations. The staff will record the name, email address of and number of PBTs recycled from members of the public.
- The contractor will issue an e-certificate via email after the end of the Programme.
- Record the car plate number of the delivery car, delivery date and approximate delivery time before delivering PBTs.
- Deliver PBTs to CCP. The contractor will record the name of the organisation and the above information.
- After delivery, register and fill in the information mentioned in step 1 in the Online Enrolment Form set up by the contractor.
- After completion of the Programme, the contractor will issue an e-certificate via email after verifying online enrolment information and delivery information.
- The programme is limited to PBTs only. We encourage the public to replant other small potted plants such as tangerine trees and keep festival decorations for reuse to help reduce waste and conserve resources.
- Prior to delivery of PBTs, please remove all decorations, fai-chun and tapes to facilitate subsequent recycling processes.
Enquires Should you have any enquiries on 2021 PBTs Recycling Programme, please contact EPD’s contractor at 5743 9221 during office hours.