The Environmental Protection Department (EPD) will collect natural Christmas trees (NCTs) after the Christmas holiday in 2019 and recycle suitable NCTs collected to various useful materials via a contractor in order to promote recycling of yard waste in the community and reduce yard waste disposal at landfills. Details of the services are as follows:
Collection Period: 3 to 6 January 2020 (total 4 days)
|Central Collection Point||Address||Telephone||Collection Time|
|EcoPark (Please refer to the Map below)||133, Lung Mun Road, Tuen Mun||9706 6549||9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.|
|District Collection Points||Address||Telephone||Collection Time|
||10 On Ping Street, Shek Mun||2285 9433||9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.|
||30 Oi Shun Road, Shau Kei Wan||2778 2330|
||27 Sheung Yee Road, Kowloon Bay||2776 5700|
||65 Tin Wah Road, Tin Shui Wai||2617 0117|
||339 Tung Chau Street, Sham Shui Po||2522 4388|
||9 Tuen Yee Street, Tuen Mun||2496 4288|
||12 Tam Kon Shan Road, Tsing Yi||3905 4840|
||25 Dai Wah Street, Tai Po||3614 0598|
||Apleichau Municipal Services Building, No. 8 Hung Shing Street, Apleichau||Not applicable||7:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.|
||Junction of Arbuthnot Road & Caine Road, Central||6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
||Junction of Paterson Street & Gloucester Road||6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.|
||188 Sai Yee Street||6:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.|
Members of the public can deliver their NCTs to the central collection point (CCP) or district collection points within the collection time listed above, while the commercial and industrial (C&I) organisations can only deliver their NCTs direct to the CCP. If the member of the public and C&I organisations still have a need to recycle the NCTs from 7 to 18 January 2020, they should make appointment with the EPD’s contractor (telephone no.: 9706 6549) prior to the delivery of the NCTs to the CCP.
An e-certificate will be issued to the participants who deliver the NCTs to the CCP or the Community Green Stations (CGS) for recycling so as to recognise their support to environmental conservation. They will also receive a gift for delivering the NCTs to the CGS while stock lasts. Please note that the district collection points will neither receive NCTs heighted above 2 metres nor from the C&I organisations.
Steps on Enrolment of E-certificate
- Deliver the NCTs to the CCP at EcoPark, Tuen Mun or CGS. The staff will record the name, email address of and number of NCTs recycled from the member of the public.
- The contractor will issue an e-certificate via email after the end of the Programme.
- Record the car plate number of the delivery car, delivery date and approximate delivery time before delivering the NCTs.
- Deliver the NCTs to the CCP. The contractor will record the name of the organisation and the above information.
- After the delivery, register and fill in the information mentioned in step 1 in the Online Enrolment Form set up by the contractor.
- After completion of the programme, the contractor will send out the e-certificate via email after verifying online enrolment information and delivery information.
- This recycling service is limited to the NCTs only. We encourage the public to replant other small potted plants (such as Poinsettia) and keep artificial Christmas trees and other festive decorations for reuse in order to reduce waste and conserve resources.
- Prior to delivering the NCTs, please remove the bottom stands and all lightings, decorations and tapes etc. to facilitate subsequent recycling processes.