The Environmental Protection Department (EPD) will collect natural Christmas trees (NCTs) at designated locations after the Christmas holiday in 2021 and recycle suitable NCTs collected into various recyclable products via Y‧PARK contractor in order to promote recycling of yard waste in the community and reduce yard waste disposal at landfills. Members of the public can also join “GREEN$ Electronic Participation Incentive Scheme” when recycling NCTs. Details of the Programme are as follows:
Collection Period: 2 to 5 January 2022 (total 4 days)
|Central Collection Point (CCP)||Address||Telephone||Collection Time|
|Y·PARK (Please refer to the Map below)||Nim Wan Road, Tsang Tsui, Tuen Mun (The left-side entrance about 50 metres before the entrance of West New Territories Landfill)||5743 9221||9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.|
District Collection Points (DCPs)
(including EPD’s Recycling Stations and Food and Environmental Hygiene Department’s Refuse Collection Points (RCPs))
|(Only household NCTs 2 metres tall or below will be accepted.)|
|Hong Kong Island|
||30 Oi Shun Road, Shau Kei Wan||2778 2330||9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.|
||6 Wan Shing Street, Wan Chai||2811 1567|
||Ap Lei Chau Municipal Services Building, 8 Hung Shing Street, Ap Lei Chau||Not applicable||7:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.|
||Junction of Arbuthnot Road and Caine Road, Central||6:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.|
||Junction of Paterson Street and Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay||6:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.|
||27 Sheung Yee Road, Kowloon Bay||2776 5700||9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.|
||339 Tung Chau Street, Sham Shui Po||2522 4388|
||188 Sai Yee Street, Mong Kok||Not Applicable||6:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.|
||10 On Ping Street, Shek Mun||2285 9433||9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.|
||65 Tin Wah Road, Tin Shui Wai||2617 0117|
||9 Tuen Yee Street, Tuen Mun||2496 4288|
||12 Tam Kon Shan Road, Tsing Yi||3905 4840|
||25 Dai Wah Street, Tai Po||3614 0598|
||1 Chung Mun Road, Tung Chung||2499 2308|
||3 Po Lam Lane, Tseung Kwan O||2727 7330|
Members of the public can deliver their NCTs to CCP or DCPs within the collection time listed above, while the commercial and industrial (C&I) organisations can only deliver their NCTs direct to CCP. If members of the public or C&I organisations need to recycle NCTs before 2 Jan 2022 or between 6 and 19 Jan 2022, please deliver the NCTs direct to CCP within operating hours (9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday – Saturday). Please note that the DCPs will neither receive NCTs heighted above 2 metres nor from C&I organisations.
An e-certificate will be issued to the participants who deliver NCTs to CCP or Recycling Stations (formerly known as “Community Green Stations”) for recycling. The Participants will also receive a gift for delivering NCTs to Recycling Stations while stock lasts.
Besides, there is still collaboration between the NCTs Recycling Programme and “GREEN$ Electronic Participation Incentive Scheme” this year. Participants who recycle NCTs at the Recycling Stations within the collection period can register as a GREEN$ member after which the member can earn GREEN$ for redemption of gift items when submission of recyclables. For details of the “GREEN$ Electronic Participation Incentive Scheme”, please visit Hong Kong Waste Reduction Website at https://www.wastereduction.gov.hk/en/community/crn_intro.htm.
Steps on Enrolment of E-certificate
- Deliver NCTs to CCP or Recycling Stations. The staff will record the name, email address of and number of NCTs recycled from members of the public.
- The contractor will issue an e-certificate via email after the end of the Programme.
- Record the car plate number of the delivery car, delivery date and approximate delivery time before delivering NCTs.
- Deliver NCTs to CCP. The contractor will record the name of the organisation and the above information.
- After delivery, register and fill in the information mentioned in step 1 in the Online Enrolment Form set up by the contractor.
- After completion of the Programme, the contractor will issue an e-certificate via email after verifying online enrolment and delivery information.
- Prior to delivery of NCTs, please remove the bottom stands and all lightings, decorations, tapes etc. to facilitate subsequent recycling processes.
- This Programme is limited to NCTs only. We encourage members of the public to replant other small potted plants (such as Poinsettia) and keep artificial Christmas trees and other festive decorations for reuse in order to reduce waste and conserve resources.
Should you have any enquiries on 2021-22 Natural Christmas Trees Recycling Programme, please contact EPD’s contractor at 5743 9221 during office hours.